Short video on how to make the Figure 8 propeller hook for rubber model airplanes
This 4th short video in our My Favorite Tools series includes:
- The right pliers for the job (roundnose, needlenose, etc)
- Why make a Figure 8 prop hook?
- Bending the Figure 8 prop hook
- Loading the rubber motor onto the prop hook
- Overview of other front end components (e.g., winding hook, free wheeler)
Watch the video
Continue reading “My Favorite Tools #4 – Bending a Figure 8 Hook”
For shaping balsa or other softwood leading and trailing edges, the Little Giant 3 Way Curve Razor Blade Planer is the proper tool.
NOTE: this tool is not a toy and should not be used unsupervised by children.
Hi Gang. Every now and then, we’d like to highlight some of the little tricks of the trade that we use to design, develop, build and fly scale models of aircraft of the Golden Age of Aviation.
Continue reading “My Favorite Tools – Little Giant Planer”
Subscribe to Around the Pylon newsletter and get a 20% discount